Morning meals are the most important meal of the day and when you’re trying to lose weight, breakfast can set the tone for the rest of your day. Consuming the wrong food can amplify your cravings and set you up for failure before the day even begins.
On the other hand, having the right foods can limit your cravings and keep you feeling full until lunch to minimize any further eating and ease weight loss. You should have your breakfast every day and more than 70% of people who lose more than 30 pounds and keep it off eat the morning meal every single day.
- Eggs are rich in protein and a wealth of important vitamins and minerals, such as selenium and riboflavin, eggs are a true powerhouse of nutrition. With their high protein content, eggs may reduce appetite when eaten with breakfast to give weight loss a serious boost.
- You can have a lot of variety, from boiled to scrambled to sunny-side-up, there are many different ways to enjoy your eggs. You may try cooking up two or three eggs any style, then combine them with a serving of your favorite veggies, for a nutritious and delicious breakfast.
- Bananas are in fiber but low in calories, they are a great alternative to sugary breakfast cereals to satisfy your sweet tooth first thing in the morning. Unripe bananas are a rich source of resistant starch, a type of starch that your stomach and small intestine don’t digest.
- Bananas can be enjoyed alone or slice and use them as a topping for yogurt, cottage cheese, or oatmeal. You can also try adding unripe, green bananas to your morning smoothie for a hearty dose of resistant starch.
- Berry variants such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries are all incredibly nutrient-dense, meaning they’re low in calories but packed with essential nutrients.
- Adding berries to your morning smoothie, oatmeal, or yogurt and take advantage of their unique weight-busting benefits.
- Kiwis are high in vitamin C, vitamin K and potassium, kiwis offer an impressive nutrient profile. They’re also an excellent source of fiber.
- Sliced kiwis make a great breakfast boost, you can add them to yogurt, smoothies, or cereals.
- There’s a good chance you’ll spot Green tea when you take a look at the ingredients in almost any diet pill or fat-burning supplement. Green tea has been studied extensively for its metabolism and fat-burning capabilities.
- You can enjoy Green tea in many ways in the morning. You can try adding drizzling on a bit of honey, a squeeze of lemon, or brewing your tea with ginger or mint to bring a tasty twist to your cup.
- Oatmeal is a delicious and healthy breakfast option, especially if you’re looking to lose weight. Oats are low in calories but high in fiber and protein, two nutrients that impact appetite and weight control. They are an excellent source of beta-glucan, a type of fiber shown to impact everything from heart health to immune function.
- Try combining one cup of cooked oatmeal with one tablespoon of ground flaxseed, a one-half cup of berries, and a handful of almonds for a power-packed, high-fiber morning meal.
- Coffee is known for its caffeine content, it may aid weight loss by boosting metabolism and fat burning.
- While coffee may not make a balanced breakfast all on its own, you can pair it with your favorite healthy breakfast foods to give your morning meal a boost. Just be conscious not to overdo the sugar or creamer, as they add calories and negate some of the coffee’s potential health-promoting properties.